Welcome to the office! The privacy of our patients is important to us; we are committed to protecting the personal information you provide to us.
In order to provide the best optometric services and products Old South Optometry will collect some personal information about you such as home address, telephone and OHIP numbers and personal health history. In doing so we give you these assurances:
- Keep accurate records
- Keep your information secure
- Only collect information required for your eye care and treatment
- Give you access to your own records
- If requested, make copies of your records at a reasonable cost
- Only share your information with other health professionals or health care institutions to the extent necessary to provide you with proper health care
- Ask your permission to share your information for other purposes unless it must provided for legal reasons
- Retain or destroy records as required by law
- Our office may contact you for appointment recalls or mailings related to our office newsletter or office events unless you request otherwise.
- Appointment times are reserved especially for you. There will be a charge of $30 for missed appointments and for appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
- We will advise you if any services to be performed are not covered by OHIP as these services will be charged directly to you
- A deposit is required at the time of ordering any eye care products.